Ephesians 4:14-16 (New King James Version)I had to pray hard before writing this post. I didn't want to offend and I didn't want to appear judgemental but I did want to speak the truth in love. I prayed and I prayed asking God to help me speak the truth in love and he reminded me that his word never returns void. I asked okay, so what does that mean? He said, "Speak the truth in love". Then I realized I needed to add the above verse. Let that verse sink home as I continue my thoughts.
14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
God hates sin. God loves the sinner. We have all fallen short of God's glory and have all come to him as sinners. God in his mercy and grace has given us the option to follow after him and be forgiven. But Romans teaches us that we are not to continue in our sin just because we can be forgiven each and every time. If we are truly his children we will learn and grow to be more like him.
I am not against those who are homosexual (homosexuality, bisexuality and transsexuality) but I am against that lifestyle. I have friends who are good Christians who have come out of that lifestyle. They struggle with it every day, I'm sure. Its not something you can just flippantly say you are done with. But the Bible teaches that we should deny ourselves and follow Christ. This means that even if our bodies and minds tell us to do one thing we should bring them under the control of Christ and do what he says instead.
But those who actively proclaim themselves as homosexual (homosexuality, bisexuality and transsexuality) are declaring that they do not want to change for God or anyone else. They say that they have the right to their views and their lifestyle choices. Believe it or not but I agree. Their choice is wrong but in our society they have the right to make that wrong choice.
What I don't agree with is that anyone would limit MY free speech in California because I disagree with their lifestyle. What I disagree with is that schools that choose to disagree with their beliefs (whether secular or religious in nature) can not accept any government funding or student governmental scholarships if they choose to even teach the choice between the two lifestyle views. They can't teach that there is even a possibility that homosexuality (homosexuality, bisexuality and transsexuality) is wrong because that would be a negative thought towards it.
Here are a few other laws that are to be voted on soon in California that I don't agree with:
• SB 1437 which prohibits textbooks, instructional materials, and school-sponsored activities from “reflecting adversely” on transsexuality, bisexuality, or homosexuality;Link
• AB 606 which authorizes the California superintendent of Public Instruction to withhold state funds from any district that does not “adequately” promote the State Department of Education’s “model policy” promoting transsexuality, bisexuality and homosexual curriculum in public schools; and
• AB 1056 which would use $250,000 tax dollars to promote transsexual, bisexual, and homosexual lifestyle under the name of “tolerance education.”
---------------------
Calif. Pro-Gay Law Draws Fire
1 comment:
Wow, people seriously are throwing that much money at "tolerance education"....crazy...shouldn't they be spending it to, I dunno, cure cancer? Or why not Aids??
Post a Comment